Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

viridi

Today was Saint Patrick's day.

My roommate and I tried to explain how such a holiday works here in America to our roommate from South Korea.  Basically, it went like this:

"Well, you celebrate by binge drinking...except we don't really do that, because we don't drink...and you have to wear green clothes or else people can pinch you."

It makes sense, right?  What a strange, strange world we live in...

Anyway, I got home from church and promptly changed into a red t-shirt.  That's right, RED.


Just like that.

Was I asking for pinches?  Perhaps.

But I felt like I was wearing more green this way than by adorning myself in viridity.  See, if I wear red, then all the green light waves are absorbed by my apparel and the red ones are reflected into the eyes of the beholder.  Ergo I am clad in green.

On the other hand, if I were wearing something that appeared to be green, I would have no green light on my personage; it would have all been reflected off of me.

Science deserves no pinches.

2 comments:

  1. Bahaha. I started reading your blog after you read mine, and it's really good. I think it's better than my stuff (which may not be saying that much, but if it's good enough to get past my narcissism, it must be good). And so far, I've discovered that we are both Engineering majors at USU, but I still have no idea who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that my blog is sufficient to get past your narcissism. :D And perhaps one day you'll have some notion of who I am...though I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

      Delete