Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

sentio

It's been a while. To be honest, I've had difficulty in writing things lately, hence the blogging hiatus.

And surprisingly, none of this has been due to writer's block or a lack of ideas or drive.
No, all those necessary elements have been quite present.  In abundance.

I've actually had difficulty in writing things lately because I have had too many thoughts that I wanted to develop into posts, and too many passions that I wanted to discuss.

If you frequent literature, you might know the feeling.



Anyway.  It's probably about time I make my public announcement on the blog.  I'm going to be leaving for a time.  18 months, to quantify it.  So there really won't be much new stuff to look at here.  I doubt I'll be able to get anything up here in the time I'll be away.  But if you insist on returning to read your favorite posts, please feel free.  I encourage you to start discussions in the comments with other readers.  (I will say that's one thing that's always bothered me about a blog.  It's very one-sided interaction.  I write things, you read them...the end.  I wish there were more comments and discussions made on blogs in general.  So if I come back to 18 months' worth of commentary, I really won't complain ;D)

That being said, I still have a week here on the blagoblag.  And in order to sort out some of the things happening here in the world and some of the thoughts going on here in my head, I'd like to go out with a bang and blog ALL of the days!  After all, I have so many things to write about that I simply can't write at all.  And the quantity and quality of things to be written continues to build.

And now that we've gotten through all the announcements and apologies, I'd like to move into a small thought that might begin to summarize the surplus of thought that has been surrounding me lately.

It is this:

Hearts break, and minds blow...open.

When your heart breaks, it breaks open.  And that allows new feelings and new love to slip inside that otherwise wouldn't have had that opportunity.

When your mind blows, it becomes more open and ideas can find a home that would have been locked out previously.

So don't be afraid of breaking your heart or blowing your mind.  Embrace all your experiences with no regrets and no reservations.  Feel things.  Feel all the things.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Your thought reminds me of a poem by Rainer Maria Rilke entitled "God Speaks to Each of Us." The second to last stanza says, "Let it all happen to you, beauty and dread/simply go; no feeling is too much/and only this way can we stay in touch" (the punctuation may be off, but you get the idea)

    ReplyDelete