Translate

Friday, December 12, 2014

it's been a while...

Greetings, greetings, o readers of my blog.  It's been about an 18-month hiatus since the last post, but I promise you it was for a good purpose.  And I'm sure we'll talk more about those months as time (and the blog) rolls on.

I'm not sure what kinds of organizational changes I'll be making to Mr. Martin here (Martin being the blog)  but there will probably be a number of them. Still mulling them over in my mind.  Because in the past year-point-five, I've definitely changed enough to change my blog. :)

I'm also having to re-learn the internet and the ways of blog formatting and just get back into all this good stuff.  So...it might be slow.

But, it's time to talk a bit about change.  I'm sure I've mentioned it here before, because it's such a constant element of life, but here and now I am noticing changes all over the place.  I go driving through my hometown, seeing all these new things that have happened in the past 18 months, I walk thorough my own house wondering if the walls were always that color, and I've stepped into a new world as a different person.

The thing that I really want to get across about change is that it's not all bad.  Yes, it can be hard and weird and sometimes your own house feels like another planet, but for the most part, change is really just adding more good stuff to the good stuff you already had.

I think one of the biggest fears we tend to have about change is that it will mean letting go of a good thing.  It's a risk, to leave a good thing in search of something that may or may not be better.  And it is exactly this fear that keeps a lot of people back in life.

But the trick is that because we as human beings are composites of our experiences and perspectives and feelings and memories, we never truly leave something good behind if we effectively take it in as a part of us and let it take affect on our character.  If we look at change and opportunity as only adding to the excellence we already treasure, then that is how it will turn out.

Just keep in mind that the only way to change the world is to start with yourself.

And please comment with feedback for anything you want to see on the blog! (Or don't want to see..) And questions you may want for me to answer as the blog resumes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment