Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2013

aurum

So, to offset my guilt at not making a poetry post during National Poetry Month until yesterday (I recognized it was Poetry Month, I just didn't...do anything about it D: ) I've decided to put up another poem I wrote just under a year ago.  I still like it, though there are some things I might tweak...not sure yet though.

Anyway.  Here's another poem:


Midas

Touch me.
Let me glitter,
Gold for you.
Give me worth,
Your admiration.
Turn me from myself:
Commonplace, dull;
To something far prettier
Treasured, longed for by so many
And worthy of your notice.

Kill me.
Stop my heart,
Gold for you.
I mean nothing
Without your attention,
I am foul, worthless
Not just to myself.
I know that you do not love me
As you love those false trinkets,
For you’ve never bothered enough
To say otherwise.


Unfortunately, I couldn't get the formatting on the blog to work out the way I originally wrote it...:\ But this isn't so far off.


No comments:

Post a Comment