Translate

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

palmari

Because this is a blog about writing, it would be appropriate to include some steps for how to write. 
And because I have a huge paper due in less than 24 hours, it would be inappropriate to be posting things on the internet right now, but I'm also hopelessly trying to distract myself and this is a much more worthwhile diversion than facebook is.

And since I'm currently experiencing the writing steps, I have experience in the field, and as such, I will share my excellent action plan for this paper.  Prepare to be enlightened:


Final Draft Action Plan

in order to make your paper thoroughly excellent and satisfy readers everywhere

  1. Read through all previous drafts (in my case, I had two and a half)
    1. analyze what's working and what's missing in each draft
  2. Outline each draft (organize what you already have)
  3. Outline your final draft
  4. Quilt the final draft using the best elements from previous drafts
  5. Submit final draft to friends and colleagues for editing/criticism
    1. For me, I'm also going to focus on getting feedback from my intended audience (as my paper is of the persuasive nature)
  6. Make any alterations necessary
  7. Conduct a killer assessment of the final draft. 
    1. Ensure all arguments are balanced 
    2. Ensure all 2,000 words are quality words to make your grandmother proud
      1. Some would say "reduce lard".  Yes, reduction of lard is important, but your paper will be trim and powerless if it doesn't have some Olympic-worthy  muscles.  
      2. Feed your paper protein shakes.
    3. Ensure that everything is amazing
    4. Ask yourself if you could have done a better job on anything
  8. Polish the final draft.  Transform it into a Masterpiece Draft
    1. Use of gamma radiation is allowed
  9. Submit the paper to the professor.
    1. Or, since you've worked so hard on it, go ahead and just publish it to the world.  It's ready.
  10. Success!
    1. Notice how "Success" is step number ten?  It's very important that step ten always be "success".
    2. Even if there are more than ten steps in a process.  You should have succeeded by step ten.
Now you all know how to create a Masterpiece Draft.
I find it appropriate that I'm doing this on Halloween.  I'm like Doctor Frankenstein, and my paper...is coming ALIVE....

No comments:

Post a Comment