Translate

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

bibliothecarius

Today I did many things, but perhaps my two favorite deeds were these:

1) I ate an avocado sandwich, which I got for free :D

2) I read An Ideal Husband, by Oscar Wilde. (which I also got for free, via the Library.)

And in doing these, I realized that both Oscar Wilde and avocados are very tasty.  Indulgences, even.

So, first of all, If you've never read Oscar Wilde before, you are contributing to the problems of society today. Go and educate yourself, please.  Really any of his plays are witty and meaningful (although Salome is more serious) But I especially love An Ideal Husband.  


Secondly, I have been enjoying reading the plays of Oscar Wilde so thoroughly, that the book now looks like this:
...okay, so it's not that bad, but still.  I wrote in the book because I love it so much, and then I dog-eared all the best pages (which are many) and the whole time, I can just imagine Madam Pince, the librarian from Harry Potter over my shoulder, shrieking..
"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO THAT BOOK, YOU DISHEVELED BOY!?"
(it's from when she gets a glimpse of the Half-Blood Prince's potions book and nearly dies on the spot...)

I almost think I should go to the library and just get them to let me keep the book.
Sigh.  Here's my dilemma: Books are so much better than e-readers.  But books take up space, and for now, I don't have an entire room in my house dedicated to housing books.

Just one of many trials that college students today face.

And I have so much that I wish to say about Oscar Wilde, and his writing, and libraries and books and avocados...that unfortunately this post is going nowhere fast, because it wants to go everywhere.  Silly post, make up your mind.

So be prepared for more on our good friend Mr. Wilde, and avocados.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment