Translate

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

pars

So, it's New Year's Day.  Happy 2013!

Something you may not know is that the number 2013 has three prime factors: 3,11, and 61.

So my 2013 is going to have three prime factors as well. This is one of the few posts that I'll be talking pretty much exclusively about myself. :P Not super enjoyable (for either of us, I think) but I think appropriate.

Prime Factors of 2013:

1) New people.
Meeting new people is always a good thing. Right now I have so many opportunities to get to know people from different places and lives that have something in common with me, whether that's my education, my sports interests, music...
I want to reach out and see more of the world through other people.

I also want to be able to do more to help the people I meet. Never let an opportunity for service pass you by.
2) Religion.
I want to deepen my understanding of my own religion but also of other religions worldwide. I want to be religiously tolerant and understanding. I want to know where people are coming from in their beliefs and customs. 
3) More reading.
You can never be too well-read.  And there are hundreds of books that I've been wanting to read and have never gotten around to, as well as books that I think I need to reread.  Not to mention books (and articles and websites and any other literature) about things I want to learn about.  Even though I'm attending university right now, I'm tragically limited to only 18 credits or so, so if I want to learn about everything that I want to learn about, I must read furiously.

So there you have it.  I think this should be manageable for 2013, to remember three big things to focus on.  (Much better than, say, 2012, which has prime factors of 2, 2, 2, 2, 503, and 2.)

What are your prime factors of 2013 going to be?


No comments:

Post a Comment