Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

qualitas

Time for a confession:

Even though I really love this blog and enjoy making posts and writing things, I still sometimes feel silly for having a blog.

In my head, blogging is still a little bit frivolous. Perhaps because the majority of the blogs I am aware of are the cute little mommy blogs that seem to be so popular in my culture. And those do not interest me at all. I see people post things, and think "why do I care what you made for your "hubby's" birthday dinner?" or "believe it or not, I'm not really intrigued by the details of your toddler's potty-training". And so there are times that I'm a little bit ashamed to be in the same group of 'bloggers' as all those blogs that I think are a bit silly.

(but to those with mommy blogs: don't think I'm hating. Who knows if I'll change my mind in a decade or so when it's actually applicable to me...)

This is how it feels:
o92sl 
Sometimes I feel like the one on the left, and It's like, "Yes, the whole world should read this post.  It is a masterpiece".
And then there are those posts where I wonder, "Who would read this? This is definitely the worst post on the blog thus far".

Unfortunately the only thing I can really do about this is to keep writing.  And keep posting.  And hope that the frequency of fantastic posts will increase, thereby decreasing the occurrence of lackluster posts.

Any fellow bloggers feel like this sometimes, too?

2 comments:

  1. I feel like having a blog that has very little interaction with viewers is a lot like a journal that's lost the advantage of privacy. I feel like they benefit the reader more than the writer, especially when weighting benefit against time. I enjoy reading this because I can keep a bit of Robin Hood around even when the real deal isn't around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's true. The journal blogs kindof kill me....which is why I try to avoid being like "This is what I did today, and this is what I did last week..." But I'm afraid that sometimes I lapse into that.

      Also, I love it when this blog results in interaction. IE when people comment on posts. It's like "oh yes, someone wants to discuss stuff instead of just reading it and being like 'k'.."
      So thank you for commenting :)

      Hehe. Glad you can have some Robin Hood. :)

      Delete